Sunday May 2, 2021 we will begin holding communion again. This will be done with the pre-packaged Communion elements. The elements will be available in the Welcome Center when you enter the church. If you would like the elements sent to your home, please contact the church office at 814-535-8288.
We at Franklin Street want you to know that we are doing all that we can to prevent the spread of disease and keep our church family safe.
With that in mind we are planning to re-open and have our first service in several months. We ask that everyone please be aware of the following as that will help us to maintain a clean environment and decrease the risk of exposure as much as possible.
- Please be respectful of social distancing. We recommend sitting at least 6 feet apart from other members and avoid creating large groups or standing in high traffic areas . Be mindful that some are more susceptible than others and are at greater risk.
- Sanitize often. We are working to provide hand sanitizer to kill any lingering bacteria. Please make use of this resource by sanitizing anytime you come in contact with objects or people. The most common forms of transmission are Airborne(Coughing, sneezing, breathing) and touching contaminated surfaces. Avoid touching your nose, eyes, mouths and other open areas.
- Please Wear masks during worship. We encourage people to sing, however it poses a risk of airborne contamination. As a precaution for the band and pastor, as well as those around you, please wear your mask during the service. We will have extra face masks available.
- Refrain from physical contact. It is completely understandable that we have all been locked away in isolation for the past few months. I want to hug each and every one of you and I know a lot of you feel the same way. We would ask that physical contact be kept to the absolute minimum and we will not be having a traditional meet and greet. Please be cautious when touching surfaces such as bulletins, common areas, and pew bibles. As stated above we will be providing hand sanitizer. We will place the offering plates in a convenient common area, please respect others space when in use.
- Limited restroom availability. In order to localize our cleaning efforts we will be sectioning areas of the church as well as restrooms. Please use the restroom nearest the rear of the Sanctuary on the corner of Franklin and Locust street.
We all want to get back to normal and it is a true blessing to be able to see everyone again. We are doing everything that we can to make sure that everyone is taken care of.
You can rest assured knowing that we are taking the proper measures to sanitize each and every surface that has had contact. This includes wiping and disinfectant as well as additional regular fogging of every high traffic room. Please take the time to file the attendance roster as requested, this will help us keep track of who was affected should an incident occur.
Good afternoon all,
Due to the ongoing health crisis and the Knipple family remaining with Travis, we have a special Facebook Live transmission from our church family. Take a look here!
In light of Governer Wolfs announcements regarding COVID-19 and the spread of all illness this season, we will not be meeting at Franklin Street for the time being.
Instead, we are diligently working to record a message for everyone to view at home using Facebook live, which will be posted here on the Church website.
Josh released this video earlier on the Facebook page:
The Frankling Street United Methodist Praise band is seeking musicians for all services.
If you have a passion for spreading the Gospel through the power of music we are looking for Guitarists, Bassists, vocalists, percussionist and various other instruments.
We are always looking for our brothers and sisters in Christ to share their passion and talent.
Please submit an email to our team using the link below: